Sigma - DP0 Quattro Compact Digital Camera
The Sigma dp0 Quattro Digital Camera combines the 29MP Foveon X3 Direct Image Sensor with the TRUE III image processing engine to create high quality images with an equivalent resolution of 39 megapixels due to the unique sensor design.
Introducing the Sigma - DP0 Quattro Compact Digital Camera from Sigma. Model: C83900.
Sigma C83900 overview
The Sigma dp0 Quattro Digital Camera combines the 29MP Foveon X3 Direct Image Sensor with the TRUE III image processing engine to create high quality images with an equivalent resolution of 39 megapixels due to the unique sensor design. This method uses layers of pixels to capture the color data of the red, green, and blue spectra vertically, requiring no interpolation. This results in a sharper image with better color gradations.
With this technology is a 14mm lens producing a 35mm equivalent focal length of 21mm; making it useful for landscape, architecture, interior, and group photography. It has a maximum aperture of f/4 which can be used to provide separation of a subject from its background. Constructed with four "F" Low Dispersion (FLD) glass elements, two Special Low Dispersion (SLD) glass elements, and two aspheric lenses, including a wide double-sided aspheric lens, chromatic aberrations and distortions are minimized. Also, for composing and reviewing images, a 3.0" 920k-dot TFT LCD display is available on the back of the camera.
For low light shooting, the camera has an ISO sensitivity range of 100-6400 in 1/3 steps and it has P/S/A/M shooting modes for full control over your exposure. It even has RAW image capture at a max resolution of 5424 x 3616 for excellent editing capabilities. For focusing, there is contrast-detect autofocus or a manual focusing ring for your preference. And, the camera saves your images to an SDXC, SDHC, or SD card.
29MP Foveon X3 Quattro Direct CMOS Image Sensor & TRUE III Image Processing Engine
- The dp0 uses the APS-C-sized Foveon X3 CMOS image sensor which captures color information vertically as opposed to horizontally. This means that each pixel has extremely accurate color information, resulting in rich tones and smooth gradations. Also, since it captures color vertically, there is no need for color filters or a low-pass filter, further increasing image quality for resolution comparable to about 39MP from Bayer array image sensors.
This camera utilizes the latest generation of this technology, named Quattro due to the 1:1:4 ratio of the pixel layers, with 20MP on the top layer and 4.9MP on each of the bottom two. This simultaneously reduces file size and increases resolution, making the camera faster and lowers the power consumption. This speed increase is also due to the third generation Three-layer Responsive Ultimate Engine, or TRUE III image processing engine. The processor is optimized for handling the complex image data recorded by the sensor and produces high quality imagery.
14mm f/4 Prime Lens
- Equipped with a 14mm f/4 prime lens, this camera provides a 35mm equivalent focal length of 21mm for super wide-angle shooting. Its maximum aperture of f/4 can be used to create separation of a subject from its background.
3.0" LCD Monitor
- The dp0 features a 3.0" TFT LCD display with 920,000 pixels for shooting and reviewing your images. This monitor is also where you can change settings for your shooting needs and preferences.
RAW Image Capture
- Full 14-bit RAW images can be captured with data for every pixel included, meaning 5424 x 3616 on the top layer, and 2712 x 1808 on the subsequent two pixel layers. You can also shoot with JPEG and produce images with resolutions as high as 7680 x 3296.
Full Exposure Control
- Program, aperture priority, shutter speed priority, and full manual modes are included for complete control over the look of your photographs. This gives you access to the ISO settings from 100-6400 in 1/3 steps and a shutter speed from 1/2000 sec all the way to 30 seconds. Additionally, there is exposure compensation available from -3 to +3 EV.
Auto and Manual Focusing
- Contrast-detect autofocus is available with 9-points Select Mode in addition to Free Move Mode and Face Detection AF. Also, the lens itself has a focusing ring for manual focusing.
- The camera features 11 different color modes for a variety of effects, including Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Portrait, Landscape, Cinema, Sunset Red, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Color Temperature, Flash, and Custom.